Early Life and Background
- Birth Year: 1978
- Birthplace: Above Underhill Studios, notable for rehearsals by artists such as David Bowie, Lou Reed, and Iggy Pop.
- Unique Childhood Experience: Iggy Pop read bedtime stories to Jerome.
- Mother: Originally a dancer, transitioned to social work after Jerome’s birth. Worked at Mildmay Hospital, known for HIV treatment.
- Father: Jimmy Copley, a prominent session drummer associated with various artists including Jeff Beck, Tears For Fears, Paul Weller, Seal, Robert Plant, Manfred Mann, and Killing Joke. Jerome met his father for the first time at age 27.
- Stepfather: Andy Clark, a member of the band Upp alongside Jeff Beck and Jimmy Copley. Played a significant role in Jerome’s upbringing and introduction to music.
Musical Career and Associations
- Early Music Involvement: Started playing in local bands at age 12. First major gig at age 18 with the goth band Black Atmosphere at the Astoria.
- Notable Associations: Part of Automata, a drum n bass/punk band that gained the attention of Trent Reznor and Alec Empire.
- Connection with Peter Doherty: Met in 2001, leading to Jerome’s involvement in the East London music scene and eventual formation of The Skuzzies.
- Collaborations: Worked with TV Personalities, Steve Dior, Billy Rath, Boyd Rice, and others. Played bass for Sylvain Sylvain on a tour. Participated in the Bowie cancer research night at Bush Hall in 2016.
- Deadcuts: Formed with Mark Keds, co-writing songs and touring extensively.
- Recent Projects: Joined SGC in 2020, Black Bordello, collaborated with Rose McDowall, and participated in projects with Art Abscons, Nikolas Schreck, Awen, and Andy Blade and Buddies.
Can you help us?
Here at Darker Side of Music, our aim is to bring Artists to more people giving them as much exposure as we can. We also are independent and are in no way supported by any Label.
Artists today have been for a long time struggling to keep their art going, especially in the genres that we love and try to help. We are also in the same boat. We fight to survive. If you use our site in any way and feel you can help us with the high running costs, please consider supporting us so we can continue to help those artists that give us incredible enjoyment from what they create.
We all have something in common: our love of music.
Click the buttonfor more information and free membership.